- We believe that the Bible is made up of sixty-six books of
the Old and New Testaments, is the verbally inspired Word of God,
inerrant in the original writings, and being infallible constitutes
a court from which there is no appeal.
- We believe in one Triune God, eternally existing in three
persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - co-eternal in being,
co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, and having
the same attributes and perfection's.
- We believe the following regarding the person and work of
the Lord Jesus Christ:
- That Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of
God, became man without ceasing to be God, having been conceived
by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that
He might reveal God and redeem sinful man.
- That Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption
through His death on the cross as a representative, vicarious,
sub-stitutionary sacrifice; and that our justification is fully
attested by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead.
- That Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven,
and is now exalted at the right hand of God where, as our High
Priest, He fulfills the ministry of intercessor and advocate.
- That Jesus Christ is coming again to this
world to establish His kingdom and set up the throne of David.
His coming will be personal, imminent, and premillenial.
- We believe the following concerning the person and work of
the Holy Spirit:
- That the Holy Spirit is a Person who convicts
the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment; and that He is
the Supernatural Agent in regeneration. We further believe that
there is one baptism with the Spirit, and it is into the Body
of Christ, indwelling and sealing each believer unto the day of
redemption. Pentecost is an historical event and is not to be
repeated, therefore, we do not accept the teaching that speaking
in tongues is associated with either the initial receiving of
the Holy Spirit or as the evidence of His fullness.
- That He is the Divine Teacher who guides
believers into all truth; and that it is the privilege and responsibility
of all believers to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that man was created in the image and likeness
of God, but that in Adam's sin the race fell, inherited a sinful
nature, and became alienated from God; and that man is totally
depraved, and, of himself, utterly unable to remedy his lost condition.
- We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man
by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ,
that all who receive Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit
and thereby become children of God. We believe that all the redeemed
are kept by God's power. We also believe that God's Word clearly
forbids the use of Christian liberty as an occasion to give license
to the flesh.
- We believe that God does hear and answer the prayer of faith,
in accordance with His own will, for the sick and afflicted, but
we do not accept the teaching that the divine healing of the body
is in the atonement, for this present age, in the sense that salvation
and forgiveness are in the atonement.
- We believe that all believers should live in such a manner
as not to bring reproach upon our Saviour and Lord; and, that
separation from all religious apostasy, all worldly and sinful
pleasures, practices and associations is commanded by God.
- We believe that the "Great Commission" of
our Lord Jesus Christ to give the Gospel to every creature throughout
the world is still incumbent on every believer.
- We believe that Satan is a person, and the author of sin and
the cause of the fall; that he is the open and declared enemy
of God and man, and that he shall be eternally punished in the
lake of fire.
- We believe the following in regards to the eternal state:
- We believe the Scriptures teach that all those who through
faith are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ will
spend eternity in full enjoyment of God's presence and that those
who through impenitence and unbelief refuse to accept God's offer
of mercy will spend eternity in everlasting punishment.
Home © The Bible Centre 2011